Tandoori Roasted Chickpeas are perfectly crispy, delicious snack ready in 30 minutes! They are vegan, gluten-free, and very flexible with seasonings.
Roasted chickpeas are perfect snack by itself but I am giving a little spicy twist with tandoori spice mix, the famous Indian rub. The rub varies from one brand to another but it contains spices like coriander, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, ginger powder, mace, cardamom, cayenne etc. You can make your own tandoori spice mix or grab a jar from your local Indian grocery store. Tandoori Roasted Chickpeas can be made with canned chickpeas or cooked chickpeas (just plan ahead). To keep the texture of chickpeas crispy, be sure to pat dry/air dry chickpeas completely.
The recipe comes together in 30 minutes, naturally vegan, gluten-free, and very flexible with seasonings. you can enjoy Tandoori Roasted Chickpeas as a snack, use as a croutons on your salads, toppings for soups, or make savory yogurt parfait with it.
Tandoori Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 cups cooked (or use 2-15 oz canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon tandoori masala
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pat chickpeas dry with clean paper towel or dish towel. Allow chickpeas to air-dry for few minutes.
- In a bowl, toss chickpeas with olive oil, salt, and tandoori spice mix. Transfer chickpeas to the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Shake the pan halfway through, and bake until chickpeas are crispy and golden brown.
- Enjoy them hot as they will be at their crispiest. You can store them in an airtight container for few days.