This is perfect for both entertaining a crowd or a quick weeknight dinner with a side of warm rice.
Sweet Chili Drumsticks
for 6 drumstick
6 chicken drumsticks, skinless
small knob of ginger, sliced
2 garlic clove
4-5 red dried chili (use per your discretion)
1/4 cup dark soy sauce
1/4 cup light soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
salt and pepper, to taste
sesame seed and cilantro, for garnish (optional)
– Combine ginger, garlic, dried chili in a food processor and blend everything until it purees then set it aside.
– In a small saucepan, warm both soy sauce and honey until well combined. Pour the chili mixture into it.
– Arrange chicken in a medium ziplock bag or a bowl then pour the marinade over it. Allow it to sit in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes (longer if you have time).
– Preheat the oven to 425F.
– Arrange chicken in a greased baking tray (do not pour the marinade over it but reserve it for later use) then bake it for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
– Baste the chicken with the remaining marinade every 8-10 minutes on both sides.
– Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Notes: Not sure if it reheats well or stays juicy the next day because it was gone within 10 minutes.
– I have never had Spam before but would love to hear your thoughts on it…
Previously on Pass the Cook Book Club
Pots De Creme
Asian Fried Quinoa
Mango Cardamom Granita
Tuna Burgers with Roasted Garlic Tomato (un) Aioli