Switch up your brunch game with Spring Brunch Pizza! Simple ingredients, flexible, and enjoyed by everyone.
I am entering a contest hosted by Kohana Coffee and would love your vote on Cold Brew Froyo I shared last week. It will only take 30 seconds of your time. Thank you in advance. Here is the link to vote : http://kohanacontest.com/contest/?contest=photo-detail&photo_id=1812
Spring brunch pizza inspired by butcher's brunch pizza I had earlier at sixty vines. Brunch makes eating pizza, French toast or drinking bubbly in the middle of the day totally acceptable, so what's not to love about it right? Spring brunch pizza involves very simple ingredients - spring veggies, cheese, and eggs. I opted to use my all-time favorite thin crust pizza dough; feel free to use your favorite crust or modify it to meet your dietary restrictions.
Spring brunch pizza is one of those recipes where you want to use good quality ingredients because it's a simple recipe and you want to savor every bite. I am using asparagus & peas as they are in season, 2 different types of shredded cheese, eggs, and a good swirl of olive oil.
Meat lovers can add prosciutto, bacon, or whatever they fancy. There are really no rules here. Spring brunch pizza is more of an inspiration to get you to eat more pizza & eggs…
Pizza is a household favorite around here because of the flexibility with it’s size & ingredients you can use. You can make a large pizza to feed the crowd or a personal pizza just for you.
Personally, I really enjoyed the Spring brunch pizza but the boyfriend didn’t care for it at all. He is more into red sauce & all that jazz . Just like the pictures, Spring brunch pizza will get messy if you keep your eggs runny, which I think should be the case.
Spring Brunch Pizza
Author: Dixya @Food, Pleasure, and Health
- 1-10" pizza crust
- 4 asparagus, thinly peeled or sliced thinly
- ¼ cup peas (i used frozen kind)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- sea salt, pepper
- truffle salt, parsley etc for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 500F.
- Roll the pizza dough on a pizza stone or a pan.
- Spread cheese evenly on top followed by asparagus and peas.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the crust becomes slightly brown on the edges and cheese is almost melted.
- Remove from the oven and crack eggs on top.
- Return to the oven and bake for additional 5-7 minutes or until the eggs are set. You can let it sit longer if you want firm eggs. Eggs will continue to cook even after you remove from the oven.
- Season with sea salt, pepper and other garnish of your choice.
Do not roll the pizza dough very thin otherwise egg will seep through.[br]- bake the pizza with veggies and cheese first then add eggs.
Are you into brunch?
Do you like the idea of brunch pizza?
PS. I am entering a contest hosted by Kohana Coffee and would love your vote on Cold Brew Froyo I shared last week. It will only take 30 seconds of your time. Thank you in advance. Here is the link to vote : http://kohanacontest.com/contest/?contest=photo-detail&photo_id=1812
I hope you will make Spring Brunch Pizza a try soon or pin it for later brunching needs!