On my recipe page (which by the way I recently re-organized) I noticed a few things:
- I have a lot more recipes than I thought.
- I don't have nearly enough Mexican inspired recipes.
- I need to revisit recipes more frequently and update them with new photographs.
- I don't have a cookie or a solid granola bar recipe in my repertoire yet.
- I have some solid meatless recipes.
While issues 3 and 4 are a work in progress, let's focus on issue 2. I go through so many corn tortillas and avocados each week I really need to share more of my Mexican inspired recipes with you guys.
Here is a Mexican favorite of mine - its super easy like the chilaquiles & versatile like the Mexican lasagna. Also, you should know that it took me longer to come up with a name for this recipe than to make and eat it.
You can call it open faced tacos or baked tostada or opepkfnshfnf (whatever you desire) but according to dear wiki- "In Mexican usage, tostada usually refers to a flat or bowl-shaped tortilla that is deep fried". But rather than frying them we are broiling the soft-corn tortillas until they are crispy (about 3-4 minutes on each side).
I saw the vegetarian version by Kiersten@ohmyveggies but since I am doing okay on issue 5 (meatless recipes) I made a few changes and added chicken. Feel free to substitute any meat, or veggies of your choice!
- Closely watch the tortillas while its broiling because they tend to burn quickly.
-What is your favorite thing to cook/eat regularly?