Chicken Tikka Lettuce Wrap is a family-friendly option for weeknight. It is super quick, delicious, and can be made ahead of time. Naturally gluten-free.
I may or may not have already told you but I am not into dingy, measly salads. I hope I am not alone because if I am eating something, I want to feel good about it. Enter Chicken Tikka Lettuce Wrap - it is technically not a salad but it kind of is. Chicken tikka is an all time favorite of mine, remember the Chicken Tikka Wrap (with a video) from early this year, it is adapted from there and turned into lettuce wrap. Chicken Tikka Lettuce Wrap is a super quick recipe that can be easily prepared ahead of time and enjoyed later for lunch or dinner by the whole family.
There are basically 3 main components to Chicken Tikka Lettuce Wrap - chicken tikka, veggies, and raita (cucumber yogurt sauce). Chicken is marinated (longer the better) but it turned out good when I simply mixed the seasonings and cooked it instantly. I personally prefer when chicken tikka is grilled but if you don't have a grill pan, feel free to cook chicken in a regular pan.
Veggies come next and we are keeping things simple for Chicken Tikka Lettuce Wrap. It's just cherry tomatoes, onions, and cucumber.
Raita, a yogurt-based sauce adds an additional layer of flavor to the Chicken Tikka Wrap. I made mine with shredded cucumber and mint but you can add green chili, cilantro if you desire. Raita can be enjoyed as a salad dressing or a dip as well.
Onceyou have all three basics ready, simply pile them on top of romaine lettuce or Bibb lettuce right before serving.
Chicken Tikka Lettuce Wrap
Author: Dixya @Food, Pleasure, and Health
Serves: 4 wraps
For Chicken Tikka:
- 2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 lb chicken, boneless skinless breast, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon chicken tikka masala (available at Indian grocery stores)
- 3 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt (regular yogurt works too)
- salt, pepper to taste
- ¼ onion, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 12-14 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 small cucumber, shredded
- ½ cup water
- 3-4 mint leaves, finely chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon red chili powder
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala, optional
- 4 romaine lettuce or Bibb cups
- Marinate chicken with chicken tikka masala, yogurt, and salt. If you have time, let it marinate for few hours.
- Heat oil in a medium pan. Add marinated chicken to the pan and cook for 15-18 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, rinse and chop all the veggies. Keep them aside in a bowl.
- For raita, mix yogurt and cucumber in a bowl. Slowly add water and mix cucumber and yogurt together. Add mint leaves, chili power, salt, pepper, and chaat masala (if using). Adjust seasoning and consistency per your taste.
- Rinse romaine lettuce and pat dry with paper towel before assembling lettuce wrap.
- Put a handful of chicken pieces on lettuce, followed by salad and drizzle 2-3 tablespoon raita on top.
- You can serve it room temperature.
More Chicken Recipes