If you are a vegetarian, skip the shrimp and enjoy the cheesy polenta with sun-dried tomatoes or by itself with a dash or salt and pepper.
Cheddar Polenta with Sun-dried Tomatoes & Shrimp
about 1/3 – 18 oz precooked polenta tube ( I used this)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 cup red onions, finely chopped
12-14 large shrimp, shelled
8 sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoon garlic powder
chives, finely chopped (for garnish)
1 lemon juice, freshly squeezed
salt and pepper, to taste
– Cook polenta according to the package directions and towards the end add cheddar cheese. Reduce heat and allow cheese to melt slowly then combine them together.
– In a skillet heat oil over medium heat, sautee onion until translucent then add sun-dried tomatoes allowing it to soften for 2-3 minutes.
– Add shrimps to the skillet, cook until it is no longer pink.
– Season it generously with salt, pepper, garlic powder and stir everything together.
– Remove from heat.
– In a plate, put polenta then top it with sun-dried tomatoes & shrimp. Drizzle lemon juice.
– Garnish with chives and serve it warm.
-Do you have gourmet meal in a minute recipe? Please share the link on the comment section.