Mongolian Chicken Satay
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone.
P.F. Chang's and P.F. Chang’s Home Menu® are registered trademarks owned by P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Inc. and are used with permission. #AuthenticMadeEasy #CollectiveBias
Mongolian Chicken Satay is a 2 ingredient easy, delicious appetizer or dinner that comes together in less than hour.
To say things have been hectic lately is an understatement. It's good kind of hectic which is why I have positive vibes to keep me going. In case you missed the last virtual coffee date, I am co-hosting Self Care Challenge – 10 days of meditation and mindfulness activitiesstarting November 1st with Akansha from Citrus & Gold. You can read more and hopefully join (it's FREE) by signing up here! Due to my current hectic schedule, I have been more intentional about meal planning than ever and finding efficient ways to make easy + delicious meals at home. Today I am partnering with P.F. Chang's® to bring you Mongolian Chicken Satay using their new Home Menu Mongolian Style BBQ Sauce because it makes dinner easy peasy delicious!
Chicken is my go-to animal protein but it gets boring really quick, which is why I am excited that P.F. Chang's® Home Menu Sauces is ready for marinading meat and vegetables. I used the P.F. Chang’s Home Menu Mongolian Style BBQ Sauce but other flavors like soy, teriyaki, kung pao, & sesame are available too. Satay is an Southeast Asian dish with of small pieces of meat grilled on a skewer and served typically with peanut sauce. Mongolian Chicken Satay is inspired by the same concept except that I took the BBQ routine and served satay with quick pickled vegetables.
Mongolian Chicken Satay can be served as an appetizer for a party or as a whole meal with your choice of sides, or even as a lettuce wrap! I love the fact that P.F. Chang's Home Menu Sauces celebrates "Asian Cuisine made easy" so that you don't have to have 17 ingredients to enjoy delicious, homemade meal.If you are interested in eating more at home or you are new to the world of cooking, pre-made marinades can be a life saver. For this recipe, because I literally just added cubed chicken in a bowl with P.F. Chang’s Home Menu Mongolian Style BBQ Sauce and the rest is history.
Mongolian Chicken Satay
Author: Dixya @Food, Pleasure, and Health
Serves: 8 small skewers
- 3/4-1 cup P.F. Chang’s Home Menu Mongolian Style BBQ Sauce
- 2 large chicken breast, cubed
- For pickled vegetables:
- 1 small carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 2 Thai chili, chopped
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- pinch of salt
- cooking spray or oil to grease the grill
- In a large bowl, bowl combine P.F. Chang’s Home Menu Mongolian Style BBQ Sauce with cubed chicken and let it marinade for 30 minutes or so in the fridge.
- Soak skewers in glass with water to prevent from burning.
- In the meanwhile, make pickled vegetable or your choice of sides.
- For pickled vegetable, pour water in a bowl and add sugar, salt and vinegar until it dissolves. Add the vegetables and let it sit in the fridge until ready. You can adjust the taste as needed but I like on the sweet-tangy side.
- When ready, thread the chicken cubes (4-5 cubes per skewer) on a soaked wooden bamboo skewers. Use cooking spray or oil to lightly grease the baking sheet or rack then, place the satay on the baking sheet.
- Turn the oven setting to broil and place the baking sheet in the oven 5 to 6 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and slightly golden. Rotate the chicken half way through on the other side for even cooking.
- If grilling, place the skewers on the grill and cook until chicken is just cooked through, turning once, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Serve with pickled vegetables or assemble it into a bowl.
I hope you will enjoy Mongolian Chicken Satay using P.F. Chang's Home Menu Mongolian BBQ Sauce. If you do, I'd love for you to share your kitchen creation using @foodpleasurehealth or pin for later. I was able to purchase P.F. Chang's Home Menu Mongolian BBQ Sauce at my neighborhood Walmart but don't forget there are other flavors such as teriyaki, kung pao, sesame & soy too.