Roasted Eggplant Galette
Roasted Eggplant Galette is a great Summer entertaining dish packed with roasted eggplant, tomato sauce, and basil. It is a vegetarian dish but can be adapted to meet vegan lifestyle!
I made Roasted Eggplant Galette a while back as a light Summery lunch. It is one of those recipes that is very therapeutic to make; it involves making a dough from scratch, roasting vegetables, and casually folding ingredients into a galette (free form tart) without much fuss. I used Summer vegetables like eggplants, basil, tomato sauce, and cheese to create almost a pizza like galette but if you are inspired by Fall, perhaps use butternut squash, arugula, shallots, and goat cheese for a Fall-ish galette.
If you are nervous about making a dough from scratch, just trust me that galette dough I am sharing is very very forgiving. I have made samosa galette using the same dough and here is a short time lapse video that shows the whole process:
Whatever filling you decide to go with, I really hope you will make a savory galette for entertaining or as a light lunch!
I am going through this weird phase : writers block + feeling uninspired + overwhelmed so instead of words, I will leave you with some pictures of Roasted Eggplant Galette.
Click here for the galette dough recipe!
Roasted Eggplant Galette
Author: Dixya @Food, Pleasure, and Health
- galette dough (see above link for the dough recipe)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small eggplant, cut into thin slices
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- about 1/2 cup marinara sauce (or use your fav tomato sauce)
- about 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese + 2 tablespoon for sprinkling on dough
- handful of basil leaves
- salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange eggplant slices on a baking sheet and drizzle olive oil and sprinkle garlic cloves over it. Season with salt & pepper.
- Roast eggplant slices for 15-20 minutes until it is soft.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, roll out the galette dough and arrange eggplant slices and sprinkle with cheese.
- Top evenly with marinara sauce and few basil leaves.
- Fold up the edges of galette dough creating a pleat 2-3 inches in the border.
- Sprinkle with cheese and let it bake for 2-25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the galette is evenly golden brown.
- Allow it to cool down before slicing.
- Serve it warm or room temperature.
Cheers to another Monday. Let's make it a good one!
You can make Roasted Eggplant Galette now or pin it for later.