Pumpkin Yogurt Parfait
Pumpkin Yogurt Parfait is a Fall inspired parfait which can be used for breakfast, snack or even dessert! I love parfaits - both sweet and savory kind. For someone who loves quick, portable option - this is a perfect situation for breakfast, snack, and even dessert. Naturally, to celebrate the season I am giving parfait a Fall twist with pumpkin (which probably doesn't surprise you anymore given my obsession with pumpkin lately). I developed this recipe with my partnership with Sprouts during their grand opening in Denton. Pumpkin is one of those things you either like it or you don't and that's okay (except that it's not okay - how do you not like pumpkin?). So at Sprouts, I did DIY Pumpkin Parfait bar where shoppers could build their parfait with pumpkin yogurt, pumpkin granola, crushed cookies, or go all halloweeny with candy corn & gummy worms. It was fun to have all sorts of conversations with shoppers, which is not something I do on a regular basis. Some note worthy conversations include:
- teach difference between yogurts - Greek vs. plain vs. regular..and how it can be incorporated into everyday life even if you have diabetes. Plain yogurt = natural sugar, which is different and one can flavor it with fruits and little sweetener at home.
- not liking something is totally okay including pumpkin - I had several people tell me that they are not into 'pumpkin' and were hesitant to try it. I encouraged everyone to try the parfait and some were pleasantly surprised and said things like "this is refreshing, wow that's good, I could do this". And then I had few who immediately said - no can do pumpkin. If you are not a pumpkin person, you can still do a parfait for breakfast such as this one or the savory kind.
- choosing granola can be tricky sometimes..it has oats, nuts, and seeds but could be loaded with all things sugar. Some people were surprised to find out that granola can be homemade and you can control the amount of sugar.
Pumpkin Yogurt Parfait is a fun activity for both kids and adults as it allows people to choose their choice of toppings and try new foods. If I had to do DIY pumpkin yogurt parfait par again, I'd give an option of plain Greek yogurt as well as pumpkin yogurt. I'd love for you to try this with your family, in school, with kids, or at an event...And pumpkin isn't your thing - you can totally skip pumpkin and do a regular parfait which is equally delicious! Besides candy, you can provide choices of fruits, different granola types, chocolate chips, syrups...you get the point right?You can purchase all the ingredients used in this Pumpkin Yogurt Parfait at Sprouts. If you make this recipe or a parfait inspired from here, I'd love for you to tag #foodpleasureandhealth #sproutsindenton on instagram! [Tweet "How about Pumpkin Yogurt Parfait for #halloweentreat? #sproutsindenton #ad @sprouts"]
- 1/2 cup plain, Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- scant 1 tablespoon honey (or use other sweetener of your choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup granola
- In a small bowl, whisk yogurt, pumpkin, honey, and pumpkin pie spice together. Feel free to adjust the ratio of yogurt to pumpkin.
- Line a tall glass, add 1 tablespoon of granola followed by 2 tablespoon of pumpkin yogurt mix, followed by more granola. Sprinkle more pumpkin pie spice if desired.
- Serve it chilled.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I am off to girl's glamping trip which I have been looking forward to for a very long time. If technology allows, I may snap our adventure so follow along at dixyab.
Thank you Sprouts for sponsoring this post.