Mocha Overnight Oats
Mocha Overnight Oats are perfect grab n' go breakfast. The combination of coffee and chocolate together makes it a decadent, wholesome breakfast that everyone will love.
I am so obsessed with my instant iced latte, I can't even you guys. I have been sneaking it into my breakfast (on top of drinking it) in the form of Mocha Overnight Oats. If you haven't jumped on a overnight oats train yet, at least give it a try once. I am not a huge fan of warm oatmeal but overnight oats with my favorite toppings (chocolate, banana, and more chocolate) are everything I need to get my morning started.
Mocha Overnight Oats happened on an accident because certain someone made wayyyy too much iced latte than she can handle. Obviously, certain someone doesn't like to waste food, esp iced latte on that matter which is why it got re purposed with oats and cocoa powder into a delicious, decadent breakfast. I hope there are more happy accidents like this in the near future. Overnight oats are really popular in the healthy living world - it can be as simple as peanut butter + oats + milk + banana to swanky carrot cake // tropical fruits // strawberry cheese..Your options are just limitless! Since it's back to school time for real, I would like to throw one more inspiration to make your morning smoother, nutritious, and delicious!
I love oats for so many reasons:
- high in fiber called beta-glucan which has shown to reduce LDL (bad cholesterol), keeps you full longer, helps keep you regular.
- helps manage weight, blood sugar, cholesterol level, even prevent certain cancers
- good source of manganese, selenium, phosphorus, magnesium, and zinc.
- inexpensive, widely available, versatile (see: energy bites, breakfast cookies, and savory porridge)
Regular, quick rolled, or steel cuts are comparatively very similar in nutrition, all made from whole groat oats but they are just processed differently.
Can we all agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day? It gives you the energy to get your day start..plus you won't starve, be cranky, or eat twice as much for lunch if you ate a balanced, wholesome breakfast. But it can be tough in between getting ready, walking your dog, and beating the morning traffic. I feel you guys, which is why I have regularly been making my breakfast the night before. I switch between my 2 minute microwave steel cut oats, chia pudding (golden milk //blackberry almond), and current favorite - mocha overnight oats!
Mocha Overnight Oats
Author: Dixya @Food, Pleasure, and Health
- 1/2 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/2 cup instant iced latte (i used the recipe on my blog)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 sliced banana
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds, chocolate chips, or flax meal (optional)
- In a mason jar combine, latte with oats and cocoa powder. Mix everything together and let it sit overnight.
- Top it with sliced banana, sprinkle toppings of your choice.