Peanut Butter Sriracha Noodles
Peanut Butter Sriracha Noodles are a perfect weeknight meal that uses only one pot, and is vegan and gluten-free friendly. Most weeks, I plan my meals and make sure to stock my supplies for the week and there are those weeks where none of that happens, like last week. All my meals were haphazardly put together utilizing whatever I had left in my fridge and pantry. I am just lazy/weird and would rather wait until the end of the week. A long time ago, I shared a recipe for peanut butter sauce and sesame with green tea noodles which is great for a quick weeknight dinner. But on this particular day, I didn't have all of the ingredients so I had to simplify things and make Peanut Butter Sriracha Noodles. It is one of those flexible meals where veggies can be swapped, you can use a protein and noodle of your choice as long as you have peanut butter and sriracha in your pantry!You guys, I hate doing dishes and unloading the dishwasher even more so. I do my best (at least I think I do) to use less utensils when I am cooking but I don't how but things pile up so quickly. If you are anything like me, you will appreciate that this recipe uses only a pot, yes only one pot from start to finish. Or, if you enjoy doing dishes - you can separately steam the vegetables and noodles. Then mix the ingredients for the sauce before mixing it all together...but don't do that. Simply steam, mix, and eat. Peanut Butter Sriracha Noodles is a meal by itself but if you'd like, feel free to add a protein of your choice. Some yummy ideas include over easy/fried eggs, shrimp, tofu or whatever meat you have on hand works here. I have had shrimp before and baked tofu, both of which is delicious.
[Tweet "Don't know what's for dinner tonight? Try Peanut Butter and Sriracha Noodles - one pot, vegan and gluten-free friendly! "]As much as I enjoy making meals with random ingredients, I feel much better when my meals are planned and the fridge is stocked. Here is what I will be eating this week in case you are interested:
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad (caesar dressing from here)
Tex-Mex Grits (will share the recipe soon)
Hope your Monday is off to a great start...and if you are off today, get well rested and watch an extra episode of Making a Murderer for me.
- 1 bundle noodle (I used brown rice, quinoa kind)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (or use canola oil)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- splash of soy sauce (use tamari for gluten-free)
- 1-2 tablespoon sriracha, depending upon your taste buds
- salt, pepper to taste
- chopped scallions, for garnish
- Boil noodles according to the instructions and towards the end, steam broccoli and edamame in the same pot.
- Drain water from the noodles and veggies and rinse the pot.
- Heat the pot over medium heat. Add oil, veggies, and pour water, peanut butter, sriracha, and soy sauce until combined.
- Gently toss in noodles and mix everything together including protein if using and it.
- Garnish with scallions and more sriracha if desired right before serving.