3 Ingredient Microwave Fudge
3 Ingredient Microwave Fudge is a healthier version of fudge that comes together in 10 minutes or less.
So I am finally (almost) done giving presents, it's mostly my co-workers and some family members. Thank God for World Market! Christmas is not something I grew up celebrating but I absolutely love all things Christmas (and sparkly things) - the seasoning of giving, reflecting, and recharging for the next year. I am pretty sure the internet doesn't need any more fudge recipes but hear me out...3 Ingredient Microwave Fudge is a healthier version of the famous 2 Ingredient Fudge (chocolate chips + condensed milk) by replacing condensed milk with tofu and honey. I had been wanting to make an easy fudge this season but I was intrigued when I read that condensed milk can be replaced with tofu and honey (now I can't find the original thread but if you do, please pass me along).
Tofu has a peculiar flavor and I wasn't sure how it would work into a fudge recipe, except that I was totally wrong. In this case, I am happy being wrong because tofu and honey makes a good replacement for condensed milk in this recipe. While the tofu+honey concoction doesn't taste like condensed milk at all, when melted with chocolate chips, it blends well and works great to make a fudge.
And if you are fearful of tofu, don't be because you can't taste a thing. I was hesitant to share this recipe earlier because it doesn't firm up enough in the refrigerator and needs to be kept frozen. I believe it has to do with water content of the tofu, although, I did squeeze out as much water as possible. But it taste sooo good and it's such a simple and healthier version, I just couldn't keep it to myself.
Unlike most fudges, it can't be shipped long distances but I'd totally make this right now and enjoy it throughout the holiday season (and forever). Feel free to melt chocolate in a double broiler but since I don't like to wash dishes, I dumped everything into one bowl. Melted it in a microwave and called it a day.
Unlike me, I hope all your presents are nicely wrapped and holiday baking is complete. If you are traveling, be safe and enjoy this wonderful time with your loved ones. This is probably my last recipe for this year but please keep your eyes out for 'readers survey' next week. I will be in Austin this weekend and if you'd like to see more behind the scene and real life stuff - follow me on instagram and snapchat - dixyab
3 Ingredient Microwave Fudge
Serves: 9 large pieces
- about 3/4 cup silken tofu (I used about 9 oz tofu)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon honey
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- optional - sea salt, walnuts
- Squeeze and drain as much water as possible from tofu.
- Place tofu and honey in a blender until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, pour tofu + honey mixture and add chocolate chips.
- Melt chocolate in 15 seconds interval in microwave mixing the contents slowly until smooth. Keep a close eye as chocolate tends to burn fast.
- Spread the mixture in a 8 X 8 pan lined with parchment paper.
- Allow it to freeze overnight and cut it into squares (or desired shape) and enjoy. Keep it covered inside a freezer
Make sure the tofu + honey mixture equals about 1 cup.