Reviewing 2014 Goals
Almost a year ago, I shared some goals for 2014 with you guys and this is a good time to review them because believe it or not - we are in December! How the heck did we get here so quickly? This year was challenging, stressful, and successful in many ways but I survived! Out of my 12 goals, I'd say most of them went pretty solid, some are still a work in progress while some need serious work. - more clean eating, home-cooked meals: This is definitely a huge area of progress for me because I started out as someone who went to the grocery store almost every day and cooked whatever I felt like right at that moment. That was not only an expensive habit but it got frustrating so with the help of meal planning and budgeting groceries, I now follow a system which involves weekly meal planning, grocery shopping, and preparing things ahead of time. It prevents me from impulse purchases at the grocery store, and I am less tempted to eat out which in turn is good for both my bank account and health! - run a half marathon in 2014:done,done, done!! - feature more fresh, seasonal recipes on the blog: we did get pretty seasonal this year I think, no? apple butter muffins// butternut squash, apple, and walnut salad// pumpkin spiced pumpkin bagels// leek green apple and walnut salad,-de-clutter and donate at least every 3 months: I don't think I donated every 3 months but I have been pretty good about not hoarding my clothes and shoes. Donating bags and bags of stuff is a very cleansing feeling. Try it.
- an e-cookbook by March 7th 2014: I still can't believe I wrote an e-book. If you guys haven't purchased it, it's still up for sale. 27 recipes for only $2.70 by clicking here. - visit Austin, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis: I was able to tackle Austin (few times this year) and San Francisco, Seattle and St. Louis is pending for now. Maybe 2015?– go on a weird diet like fruits and vegetable diet - I completed whole30. You can read my overall experience here.
– allocate more time for school: womp womp...sometimes I question if I should continue grad school.
– continue visiting the library: I haven't been great at visiting the library religiously but I got me some legit Indian Cookbooks today. Keep an eye out for some delicious Indian recipes soon.– meet blogger friends in real life: The only blogger friend I met in real life was Tara but I have built some great relationships with blogger friends where it's totally okay to randomly text them. <3 you guys.
– learn crocheting: okay, by learn I mean I can do a single crochet. Ideally, I would like to make something like this before the end of this year and give it to someone as a gift. Wishful thinking...
– try patio style herb garden..again: I think I should just give up. Don't ask.
Did you guys have any goals? I'd love to know where you are with it?
PS. Food, Pleasure, and Health has been nominated as “Best Food Blog 2014″ by nepaliaustralian. If you have enjoyed my recipes and randomness, I’d love for you to please vote for me by visiting the link, simply type Best Food Blog 2014 – Food, Pleasure, and Health in the comments section.