Lemon Asparagus Cauliflower 'Rice'
Cauliflower is cut into really small bits resembling 'rice' preferably using a food processor. The first time I tried it, I simply sauteed it with olive oil and chopped onions until it was cooked tenderly like rice. It was surprisingly delicious over eggplant and chicken. I made another batch this past weekend with asparagus and lemon and after my first bite I knew I had to share this with you guys. Cauliflower 'rice' naturally is low-carb, gluten-free, whole30, paleo-friendly..regardless of the lifestyle you follow, I am sure you will love lemon asparagus cauliflower 'rice'.
Asparagus and lemon together reminds me of Spring. Asparagus gives a slight crunch while lemon keeps everything refreshing. After such a terrible winter, I can't believe we are officially only eight days away from Spring. Bailey and I got a little taste of it the other day..We are ready, bring it on Spring!
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets and stems removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped (discard the tough parts)
- 3/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- salt, pepper
- Chop the florets into pieces small enough to fit into the food processor. Make sure that the cauliflower pieces are completely dried before using.
- Pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice. Do it in batches if needed and don't let it get mushy.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and sauté until soft.
- Add the cauliflower in a frying pan. Cover and cook approximately 5 to 6 minutes , stirring frequently. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat. Add asparagus to the pan and cook it covered until asparagus is tender.
- Mix in lemon juice and chopped cilantro. Adjust seasonings as necessary.
Have you guys tried cauliflower 'rice'? Any interesting recipe?