Green Tea Bundt Cake
...in between cleaning and planning, I wanted to relax a little bit and chose baking therapy as my escape. I rinsed my bundt cake pan and went back to this recipe I had on my mind for a very long time. The combination of green tea with flour, yogurt, and coconut oil makes a beautiful, moist cake with a mild green tea flavor. The cake has the perfect balance of sweetness very appropriate for breakfast, afternoon snack or for dessert.
I am a green tea person so obviously I had a natural affinity for this cake. I served this cake as a dessert and it was very well received by my friends, both green tea and non green tea lovers.
Green Tea Bundt Cake (original recipe herebut I made few changes) Makes 1 regular sized bundt cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
1.5 cups sugar
6 matcha green tea bags, grind finely into powder
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
3 large eggs
1/3 cup coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
Confectioners sugar, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract together.
- In a KitchenAid mixer with whisk attachment on, combine flour, sugar, green tea powder, baking powder and salt together.
- Pour the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and fold them together.
- Lightly grease the bundt cake pan and pour the batter into it.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool before removing from the pan.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar if you desire Note: - The original recipe uses matcha green tea powder but I used matcha powder Green Tea bags purchased from whole foods but it can also be purchased online or other health food stores along the tea isle. - if you don't have a kitchen mixer, hand mixer or strong whisk can also be used to mix the ingredients together. - allow the cake to cool completely before removing from the pan. Run a sharp knife around the edges before flipping the pan upside down. -If you prefer glaze on the cake, I would recommend reducing the sugar content of the recipe as the cake is sweet by itself. - What was the highlight of your weekend? - are you a green tea person? and don't forget to check out the MIMM from other marvelous bloggers!