Tandoori Tofu Wraps
Allowed it to soak up the flavor for an hour or so in the refrigerator..
if you have a charcoal or electric grill- use it but sadly i don't so I pan fried it and it tasted pretty darn good..
Its great as an appetizer or
you can make a tandoori tofu wrap with yogurt-cilantro sauce
and add spinach if you like- I think spinach makes everything better
Wrap it up and enjoy
Tofu is pretty bland by itself but very versatile- great substitute for meat in stir fries, soups, grilled dishes, and curries to name a few but it is really important to choose the right kind of tofu to serve its purpose..it's generally available from soft to extra firm..Also, I like how it happily soaks up flavor quickly.
Tandoori Tofu Makes: 3-4 servings
- Drain the tofu and squeeze out as much liquid as possible
- Dice tofu into bite-size pieces
- In a small bowl, combine all the above ingredients (except the cooking oil) and make into a paste, stir it tofu. Cover the bowl and let it marinade for couple hours in the refrigerator
- In a skillet over medium heat, spray cooking oil or cooking oil and pan-fry tofu pieces for few minutes on each side
- Remove from the skillet and serve them hot as an appetizer or assemble them into tofu wraps
- For tofu wraps, heat tortilla (preferably 100% whole wheat), yogurt-cilantro sauce (or the one you prefer), with veggies such baby spinach, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, onions etc and roll them into wraps.