Balsamic Roasted Strawberry Popsicles - 4 Ingredients, Easy Vegan Popsicles for everyone to enjoy this Summer!
And just like that my 4-day staycation is over. It was exactly what I needed (and had hoped for) - lots of relaxation mixed in with adventures around Dallas-Fort Worth. I may do a post on it sometime next week. For now, let's talk about Balsamic Roasted Strawberry Popsicles.
Ever since I got my popsicles mold, I have only made Golden Milk Popsicles on repeat. To shake things up, I went all fruity with strawberries (which by the way are still in season) with a touch of balsamic vinegar! Just 4 ingredients, vegan, and both adult and kid friendly. Strawberries are roasted so it gets caramelized and flavors get concentrated. Roasting also cooks away some of their natural liquid, reducing iciness in the final popsicles.
Balsamic Roasted Strawberry Popsicles are one of those super flexible and easy recipe that anyone can make and enjoy! I am using almond milk but feel free to use whatever dairy or non-dairy milk you prefer. I used scant ¼ cup sugar for ½ lb strawberries but it could vary depending upon the sweetness of strawberries. Please taste and adjust the sweetness per your taste.
Strawberries are rich in antioxidants and many nutrients such as vitamin C, manganese, folate, and potassium. Last week, I wrote a post - "Is Organic Food Worth it?" and want to again emphasize that it is better to eat conventional strawberries than to eat organic fruit chews (or something processed with an organic label). My RD friend Jessica has a whole post dedicated on.
Balsamic Roasted Strawberry Popsicles
- ½ lb fresh strawberries, rinsed and stems removed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer strawberries to a baking sheet and drizzle balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoon sugar.
- Toss well and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the strawberry mixture into a blender (or food processor)
- Pour almond milk and remaining sugar as needed to the blender and puree everything. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
- Evenly pour strawberry mixture into a popsicle mold.
- Insert popsicle stick and let it freeze overnight.