I am sharing my top 10 favorite healthy snacks today and I would love to hear what you guys are snacking on lately?
10 Easy, Healthy Snacks Ideas:
– a piece of medium fruit ( or 1/2 cup fruits) + 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
– 2-3 tablespoon hummus with carrots, celery (or 1/2 whole wheat pita bread)
– a cup of low-fat chocolate milk (esp for post-workout but watch out for the sugar)
– parfait with 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoon toasted oats, handful of berries, and drizzle of honey
– handful of nuts (an ounce), preferably not coated with sugar and salt. Look for plain, roasted kind. Some of the best ones are: almonds, pistachios, and walnuts.
– 2 tablespoon of nut butter with celery sticks, apple slices or a piece of 100% whole wheat toast. Look for nut butters with no added sugar or extra additives. Here is a great article on different nut butters.
– string cheese with 8-10 grapes
–granola bars are great option..even better if they are homemade. The store bought ones may look healthy but not all of them are created equal. Read the ingredient label and opt the ones with least amount of ingredients that you are able to recognize and pronounce. Beware of words such as corn syrup, soy lecithin, natural artificial flavors etc.
–mashed avocado with salt, pepper, sriracha (or lemon juice) on a piece of 100% whole wheat toast with natural, unnatural turkey slices.