I am Dixya and I am so happy that you stopped by. I am here to convince you that food is the pathway to better health, happiness, and overall well-being.
By profession, I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist which means I think about food almost all the time. Even though I spend a lot of time calculating calories and BMI’s during the day time, my ultimate passion lies in the kitchen where I can chop vegetables, stir the pot, and feed delicious and nutritious meals to everyone around me, including myself.Being born and raised in a joint family in Kathmandu, Nepal, everyone in the family ate together which is why food has always been a very important part of my life. I have always loved to eat (I was a chubby kid) but cooking, not so much. It surprises my family and friends too when they find out I actually have a food blog. I have been steadily blogging since 2012 mainly sharing recipes created in my tiny kitchen in Texas. I try to post 2-3 times a week, which consists of mostly wholesome/easy recipes and I occasionally do feature other bloggers and talk fitness. Don’t worry, I have a big sweet tooth so you will see desserts every now and then.
Why Food, Pleasure, and Health? Food, Pleasure, and Health started in 2011 purely out of boredom. After staying in the dorm for 4 years, it was exciting to have an actual kitchen during my dietetic internship. I was also learning a whole lot about nutrition at that time so I thought it would be ‘cool’ to start a blog, share recipes and nutrition information with my friends and families. I had no clue that ‘food blog’ was actually a thing for a very very long time. Even though I picked the name ‘Food, Pleasure, and Health on a whim, it somehow ties in my philosophy. I whole-heartedly believe that food helps us stay healthy, enriches our well-being and brings pleasure to our lives.
10 random things about Dixya:
- If I see a coin on the street side, I have to pick it up (no judging please).
- I say I hate watching TV except when it’s Sex and the City, Friends, and Grey’s Anatomy.
- I love chocolate (too much) but do not EVER give me chocolate ice cream.
- I am directionally challenged, both GPS and Siri have lost hope in me.
- I like to have my tv’s volume at an increment of 5’s (it has to be 20, 25, or 30 otherwise, it really bugs me).
- I can eat mo:mo any time of the day (that’s the Nepali in me).
- I can’t stand cats nor upside down shoes or inside-out clothes (those were considered bad omens while growing up and I still believe those, ridiculous I know)
- I generally prefer hot water over cold.
- Public speaking is not my thing but I do love talking (sometimes too much) in small groups or with individuals.
- I am a heavy sleeper, I sometimes talk in my sleep, and I dream almost every night.