Whipped Cottage Cheese with Berries Crostini is an easy, quick appetizer or dessert that takes 5 minutes or less to make.
You guys, 4th of July is exactly a week away so I thought I’d share a patriotic themed Whipped Cottage Cheese with Berries Crostini. Last year, I shared 25 Recipes for 4th of July and had a lovely time in Austin. This year, it’s still up in the air. What is your plan for the long week? Are you traveling? BBQ? lazying around? Whatever you do I hope you make these crostini as it serves dual purpose as a nice appetizer or even dessert in less than 5 minutes. Besides a planned vacation//sick leave//appointments etc, do you guys ever take personal day from work to enjoy the day of nothingness, maybe a nice lunch, movie date, picnic? I never have in my 4 years of working, which is why I will be on staycation next week. Send me your ideas for staycation!!! Whipped Cottage Cheese with Berries Crostini is super easy to assemble, does not require pre-planning, and all the ingredients can be bought at any grocery store. Crostini, a fancy name of baguette slices can be replaced with whatever bread you have on hand. I’d suggest you to toast it well so it can hold all the toppings without being soggy).Nutritionally speaking, cottage cheese is packed with protein (1 cup ~ 20-25 grams), calcium, phosphorus, and many B-vitamins. Due to it’s high protein content, cottage cheese has long been a favorite among athletes, for weight management, or for anyone looking to eat more protein. Here are 30 recipe ideas for using cottage cheese! Berries like strawberries, blueberries, blackberries are in season, so feel free to use your favorite berries . I could totally see Whipped Cottage Cheese with Berries Crostini made with juicy peaches too.
Don’t forget to dress up Whipped Cottage Cheese with Berries Crostini with chopped walnuts and drizzle honey….it makes it SO MUCH BETTER. Have a wonderful Monday friends. Make it a good one and don’t forget to send me your staycation ideas…
- 5 baguette slices
- ⅔ cup cottage cheese (I used 2%)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- about ¼ cup blueberries, washed and pat dry
- 5 strawberries, washed and sliced
- 2-3 tablespoon honey to drizzle
- about 2-3 tablespoon chopped walnuts, for topping
- In a food processor, combine cottage cheese and vanilla extract. Puree them together until it is creamy and almost fluffy.
- Toast baguette sliced until slightly golden brown.
- Spread a layer of whipped cottage cheese on baguette slices generously, add strawberry slices followed by blueberries. Add couple pieces of walnuts and drizzle honey.
- Serve it immediately.
Don’t forget to check out these 25 Recipes for 4th of July!