Tandoori Roasted Chickpeas are perfectly crispy, delicious snack ready in 30 minutes! They are vegan, gluten-free, and very flexible with seasonings.
You all know how much I love chickpeas, (hint: I dedicated a whole post on chickpeas) so what’s one more right? I loved roasted chickpeas from the Good bean for snacking and since I have seen homemade version floating around on the internet for a while now, it only made sense to give it a try. I adapted the recipe from the kitchn and gave my own twist with tandoori spice mix, the famous Indian rub that typically has coriander, cumin, garlic, paprika, ginger, cardamom, and saffron. Summer is officially almost upon us and I am so looking forward to all things outdoors, reading books, and taking things slowly. You may have notice blog-related things on a slower pace lately, besides the writer’s block I mentioned, I am just loving the free time lounging around, reading (will have to share 2 books I just finished), and not worrying about blog at all.
If snacking is your expertise, you might consider adding Tandoori Roasted Chickpeas to your repertoire. I love how these are travel friendly, flexible with seasonings, and fits most dietary lifestyles unless you can’t do legumes. Besides snacking on them straight up, you can use Tandoori Roasted Chickpeas as croutons on your salads, toppings for soups, or make savory yogurt parfait with it. What have you been up to lately? Or, tell me your plans for this Summer?
- 2 cups cooked (or use 2-15 oz canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon tandoori masala
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pat chickpeas dry with clean paper towel or dish towel. Allow chickpeas to air-dry for few minutes.
- Toss chickpeas in salt and olive oil and let it bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Stir the pan and shake chickpeas evenly every 10 minutes until they are golden, dry, and crispy.
- Sprinkle tandoori masala over chickpeas until they are coated evenly.
- Enjoy them hot as they will be at their crispiest. You can store them in an airtight container for few days.
If you are more of a sweet-tooth person, you should totally check out Roasted Almonds with Cocoa.