Take your breakfast-on-the-go to another level with Golden Milk Chia Pudding! Make it the night before and have it ready for breakfast, snack, or dessert. It is flexible for vegans, non-vegans, gluten-free, paleo lifestyle!
I am obsessed with golden milk you guys. I have used it in the form of ice cream, popsicles (on repeat), drinking it straight up, and now chia pudding. Golden milk, a beverage used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine is receiving all the buzz lately because of turmeric (hello anti-inflammation), spices like ginger, black pepper, honey, milk. I have read that Golden Milk helps heal array of health issues from arthritis, cold, to cancers but I don’t know how much of that is true. Golden milk does have ingredients that generally promotes health and wellness, so there is that and it surely does have therapeutic effect on me, so I will keep this obsession going as long as I can. Golden Milk Chia Pudding is perfect for breakfast (esp on a hot summer morning), as a snack or dessert and like most recipes, this is flexible to meet all lifestyles – vegans, non-vegans, gluten-free, paleo…Since I am buried with Summer school, I don’t have much to share today. Instead these pictures will have to do. I hope it will convince you to make Golden Milk Chia Pudding right away. If chia pudding is not your thing – you should perhaps look into No Bake, High Protein Golden Milk Bites // High Protein Golden Milk Overnight Oats // Golden Milk Macaroons from fellow bloggers. PS. Chia seeds are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, even more so than flax seed and helps with hydration as it can absorb up to 9-10 times their weight in water. They are also good source fiber, protein, calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, and zinc among many other nutrients.
- 1 cup milk (use dairy or non dairy milk of your preference)
- 3 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of cinnamon and cardamom
- 1 small knob of fresh ginger
- 1-1.5 tablespoon honey
- In a small pan, simmer milk with turmeric, 1 tablespoon honey, black pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, and ginger. Remove from heat and let it cool down. Strain ginger from the milk.
- Transfer milk into a jar or a container. Add chia seeds with milk and let it stir.
- Cover the jar/container and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Taste and add more honey if desired. Add nuts & fruits of your choice if you'd like right before serving.
Have you tried Golden Milk yet? Like, Love, or Dislike?