Corn Bread with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Basil, and Cheese – delicious, fluffy, and easy recipe that everyone will enjoy as a side, with chili, or by itself!
In spite of work + school craziness right now, I escaped from that all that boring stuff and cooked up a storm this afternoon, or at least it felt like it. I have not having entered the kitchen to do any real cooking for almost a week now, which is pretty unusual for me. One of the things that came out so beautifully this afternoon was Corn Bread with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Basil, and Cheese – so fluffy, delicious, and highly addictive. I have already finished more than half the loaf in less than 12 hour period, so there’s that. If you are anything like me who loves all things carbs and cheese – you need to leave everything behind including the presentation that’s due tomorrow and make this bread… like right now! Unlike other recipes, I don’t think Corn Bread with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Basil, and Cheese needs much explanation. I utilized mostly all the pantry ingredients – sun-dried tomatoes leftover from the scones I made back in Fall, fresh basil from my patio (all the herbs are surprisingly flourishing this year but the cacti is not doing so well), and cheese which I like to stock for last minute pizza cravings.Besides my love for carbs, I may or may not have made the bread to use new baking pans from OXO that I recently won via Nik’s website! These pans look legit, like it’s meant for serious cooks/bakers + I love the color. OXO didn’t ask me to say these things, just for the record. I hope your Monday is off to a great start. Wish me luck on my last presentation for this semester, which I desperately need to get back to now. XOXO
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup corn meal
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%)
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 10-12 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded cheese + 1 tablespoon for topping (i used provolone + mozzarella mix)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease the loaf pan and leave it aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flours, salt, pepper, baking powder, and garlic powder together.
- In another bowl, lightly beat, milk, oil, eggs and pour it over the dry ingredients slowly.
- Mix everything together and gently fold in sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and cheese
- pour the batter into the loaf pan and top it with cheese and few basil leaves if desired.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the bread rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
I’m sharing as part of Meatless Monday with Running on Happy and Confessions of a Mother Runner AND Foodie Friday with The Fit Foodie Mama, Fairy Burger, Chocolate Runner Girl and Hello to Fit!