Cauliflower Hummus Bites
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- ½ cup Supreme Spicy Hummus (or can use other flavors)
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg (to keep vegan, may skip)
- 1.5 cups whole wheat bread crumbs
- Cut cauliflower into florets and steam it until tender but not mushy.
- Chop them into fine pieces and squeeze out as much water as you can. Medium cauliflower head should yield about 2 heaping cups steamed, chopped cauliflower.
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a pan with parchment paper or spray some nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, onions, garlic powder, hummus, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, pour bread crumbs.
- Take about 1.5 tablespoon mixture and shape them tightly into balls or oblong rolls.
- Roll them into bread crumbs and place on the baking sheet.
- Continue the same process with the remaining mixture and bake for 18-20 minutes until it gets crispy and slightly brown.
- Can be served hot, room temperature or can be reheated for later use.
“By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Sabra Dipping Co. LLC, and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”