If we were having coffee this morning, I’d tell you how Bailey keeps me occupied, entertained, and how she often tests my patience. I am working very hard on the latter these days.
If we were having coffee this morning, I’d remind you about google reader retiring on July 1, 2013 which I am still sad about but oh well, now I am moving on to Bloglovin, hope you will come find me there.
If we were having coffee this morning, I’d share pictures & recipes of my fancy meals – just kidding..lately meals have been fairly simple. One of those recipes include roasted cauliflower with green peas (recipe below) which has become very regular with a side of quinoa, rice, or couscous. It’s great for the lunchbox next day too.
If we were having coffee this morning, I’d ask you for some of your “hostess with the mostess” tips for sushi & sake night for few friends on Sunday..I am trying not to stress too much or over plan things which I am very famous for.
If we were having coffee this morning, I’d tell you how I went kite flying again and turns out it’s a great de-stresser esp. if you have a new puppy on hand or a party planning to do, both or none – either way its fun. I’d encourage you to try it on a beautiful, slightly windy day.
This is one of those recipes you can throw (not literally) in the oven – go walk your puppy, catch up on shows, or relax while it will come together with very little effort and bold on flavors!
Roasted Cauliflower & Green Peas
Serves: about 3-4
1/2 head of large cauliflower, washed and cut into florets
1 cup green peas, frozen (may use fresh)
2-3 tablespoon olive oil
1 heaping tablespoon cumin + coriander power
2 teaspoon red chili powder
salt, to taste
1/4 cup Cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line baking tray lined with parchment paper or spray cooking oil
- Place cauliflower and peas in the tray, massage with olive oil, cumin, coriander, chili powder, and salt. Add cilantro or parsley leaves.
- Bake it uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until it is soft stirring the mix once or twice in between.
- What would you tell me if we were having coffee this morning?
- Please share your entertaining tips or an easy Asian inspired appetizer recipe.
- What are you using instead of google reader?