Marvelous in my Monday

This week flew by so quick and I am excited (read: trying very hard) for another Marvelous Monday, hosted by Katie @ Healthy Diva Eats

In stead of green beer, my weekend included quality time with my mom, home-cooked meals and lots of relaxing.

I made and ate too many pistachio-almond-cherry biscotti during daily tea-time talk with the family ..I am already thinking about next batch with few healthy adjustments before posting the recipe :)

I took advantage of marvelous Saturday morning, went for quick jog and soaked up the sun by Lake Carolyn

Not so marvelous is finding out that someone in your family being diagnosed with cancer. It’s very difficult for my family at this time. It feels so unfair & very hard to accept. Because of the sudden news, I had trouble falling asleep last night..all I could think was her, her kindness and what a strong and great lady she is. I just don’t know what else to do but pray that she gets all the strength to fight off the disease and live a healthy, happy life.

All my problem and worries (which are often not too serious anyways) seems even trivial right now. Instead of worrying about every little things and fussing over nothing, I want to focus my energy in appreciating what I have and enjoy the present.

Sending positivity and lots of prayers to everyone for a healthy, happy Monday and rest of the week.

Tell me what is marvelous or not so marvelous in your life.

Comments

1. says

So sorry to hear about your family member, Dixya! It’s crazy how prevalent cancer seems to be getting especially as it just presents itself out of nowhere! Thinking of and praying for you and your family…it’s refreshing to see you sound so positive during this time :)!

2. says

That is a beautiful quote. I’m so sorry to hear about your family member Dixya! Especially when it’s sudden news like that. If you ever need someone to talk to you can always e-mail me!
    Thinking of you lots today!
    At least you still got in some marvelous time throughout this, always important to keep your head up!

3. says

Hi Dixya, i’m sorry to hear about your family member :( Cancer is terrible but I’m sure with all the positive thoughts and prayers she will recover and live a happy, healthy life :) Keep up your marvelous-ness!

4. says

Dixya, I’m so sorry about your family member. Cancer is a real bitch.. it is everywhere, please don’t feel like you are alone. I’ve gone thru this stuff a couple times in my family. Just pray and try the berry smoothies which may help fight off cancer cells. I’m really sorry!!! After what you wrote, I have nothing to complain about, just grateful for my health and for those around me. :-)

• says

Thanks Nisha, I am sure you know what a real disaster it could be to a family :( its very hard to accept it but hopefully things will get better.. its unfortunate but when events like this happen, you realize how exceptionally lucky you are. Thanks friend.

5. says

Sorry to hear that someone in your family has cancer. Man, cancer is just taking over, I’ve learned about three people who have cancer, in just the past 2 months (not family members though). It’s tough. I’ll think and pray for you and your family.

Thanks for the inspiring quote!

• says

Gina- I cant believe how prevalent this cancer is becoming these days and in spite of being healthy lifestyle, you get it..and its really hard to accept when its someone you know :( thanks a lot friend.

6. says

So sorry to hear about your family member, D! I’m going to keep her in my prayers and thoughts. I’m glad you’re getting to spend time with family and are enjoying the little moments to the fullest. That’s the only way to be!

7. says

I’m so sorry to hear about the health news, I hope your family is given strength to tackle the news, and I wish for speedy recovery. It is so common, but thankfully, nowadays the treatment is so good that survival is much much better and longer, if that is of any consolation.

Btw I have just emailed u the harissa recipe:-)