Before I get any more crabbier, Dallas needs to really make up its mind. Somedays it is blazing and today it decided to pour (we do not need this, right after the tornado). Seriously, bad weather gets me more than bad coffee (may be thats an overstatement but still)..For past 2-3 Sundays, I have been baking (or attempting to bake) breads and such for the whole week but today I had no motivation other than spending (time which could have been utilized doing laundry) my whole day with Michael Scofield.
So you are probably thinking, whats the deal with Raisin Bran Bread right.
I dig any cereal (in general) any time of the day for any meal but raisin bran! its the raisin that ruins it for me. I had mistakenly bought a box
Adapted from Kraftrecipes
2 cups raisin bran cereal
1-1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine, melted, divided
1 tbsp milled flax seed + 3 tbsp water or use 1 egg
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 tsp brown sugar (may use regular sugar)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix mixed flax seed and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix 1-1/2 cups of the cereal, the milk and 2 Tbsp. of the margarine in medium bowl. Let stand 1 minute.
- Add flax seed mixture and mix well. Stir in flour, baking powder and cinnamon until well blended. Spread into 9x5-inch loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mix remaining 1/2 cup cereal, remaining 2 Tbsp. margarine and 2 tsp. brown sugar until well blended; sprinkle over batter. Gently press cereal mixture into batter.
- Bake 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack; remove bread from pan. Cool completely. Cut into slices to serve.
|1 cup of raisin bran has about 6 grams of dietary fiber! A Great Breakfast |
Probably the first time I liked bran + raisin together, they go pretty well but only in bread ( I still have my issues with cereal). The bread was very moist and I am glad I used very little sugar because the raisin itself made it sweet. Sprinkling cereal and sugar on top added crunch to the bread. So if any of you have dislike for raisin bran cereal or have old or new box of raisin bran, give this bread a try and see it will change your mind!
Is there any food that you like/dislike one way or other?