We all know what should go into our plate right but we have speed bumps along the way such as time,energy, motivation, grocery available etc. It is a constant battle, some days we win and other times we promise to do better from tomorrow.
This month I encourage everyone to look at every meal you put together for at least couple meals, couple days or even the whole month and ask yourself this- What am I really getting from this plate? Am I getting all the nutrients-carbohydrate, protein, fats, vitamins & minerals? What am I missing from the plate?
The goal is to get every one thinking-pause before you grab your fork and start digging in! Not every meal is 100% perfect and nutritionally balanced but over time you can slowly get your plate in shape.
Here some points for starters:
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
- Make at least half your grains whole.
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat milk.
- Vary your protein choices.
- Cut back on sodium and empty calories from solid fats and added sugars.