I have weakness for fresh baked breads, so I always try to find a healthier version without compromising on the taste..I have had some before that is either too dry, bland or lumpy but this recipe, believe it or not, does not use any sugar, oil/butter or egg.. I was little wary in the beginning but that all changed quickly when I took the first bite-it is my ultimate banana nut bread :)
I adapted the recipe from www.lovefoodeat.com but tweaked it a little depending upon the ingredients I had at home. The original recipe calls for flax seeds which supposedly replaces eggs in the recipe. I got little experimental and took the risk without without any flax seed. The bread turned out pretty moist, was mildly sweet, and chopped walnut added some crunch to the bread which I really enjoyed..
- Pre-heat the oven at 350 degree F
- Mash the banana well.
- In a big bowl add the flour with baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and mix well. now add the chopped walnuts and stir together. Add the mashed banana, add water and stir till it’s combined. It’ll be a hard dough but don’t be tempted to add any more water. Do not over mix. Just stir till it forms a hard dough.
- Fold this into a greased loaf pan and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 mins till it’s well risen, crusty and golden on the outside. A toothpick inserted right in the center has to come out clean and that’s when the loaf is cooked.
- Let the bread cool down completely. It’ll be sticky and hard to cut into when it’s still hot.